
We all have used prescription drugs in our life. In fact its one of the best things our advanced society can attribute to a better quality of living and longer life. Unless one is superhuman or belongs to a niche group prescription meds have helped billions of people.
I understand that all meds carry a side effect or two. I got heartburn while taking a steroid a couple years ago. And some meds carry more than others due to their ability to solve bigger problems. However, recently I have been seeing commercials for Abilify and the side effects are crazy. The commercial that is listed below is 63 seconds long with 36 seconds devoted to side effects! I know this is a FDA approved drug, but one must be desperate to take this med for bipolar disorder. In fact just listening to the commercial made me think who made this? I know pharma companies have huge budgets and hire the best, but there must have been a better way to have make this commercial. Could the side effects been broken up with talking about the medication or perhaps make the commercial longer so the consumer does not think the pill is deadly?
Science has gotten so advanced these days that almost anything is possible. I don't know what is next, but I am sure the bigger it gets the harder it will fall.
Abilify Commercial
No comments:
Post a Comment