
Diet pills are something that have intrigued me for years. I am not greatly over weight, at times I carry 5-10 extra pounds. However with curiosity I tried them a few years ago. After a couple days I noticed my heart was beating much faster than normal, so I stopped them immediately. No harm done.
However, these pills are advertised left and right. One in particular really bothers me. It started with their commercial. Hydroxycut uses a young and good looking RESIDENT physician to promote their pills. Everyone knows these pills are bad for you, but somehow they just sell. What irks me about this is how manipulative this commercial really is. Resident physicians are in training. The word resident could also be mis-interpreted by some as a in house physician. I asked a few friends on that angle and some replied that's what they thought too. It turns out this physician who is endorsing the product is a Radiology resident. What does someone who reads MRIs & XRAYS know about weight loss? The use of the Dr. misleads everyone.
Hydroxycut Commercial
No comments:
Post a Comment